9.30.2010

side stitch : Wrap up!

Today is the final day of the month long side stitch collaboration with Kitty Kilian! I thought for my last piece I should loosen up while creating something that says THE END! I had so much fun doing this project with Kitty. Knowing that she was over in Utrecht working away really made me push myself to accomplish more, so thanks Kitty! Kitty did quite a few pieces and you can see them here. So here's my final piece, Wrap up! I incorporated a lot of remnants from my work in the past month.

14. September 30, 2010. by hand. Wrap up! 2" x 5" Fabric, thread, and twine remnants.
I've decided that I want to continue doing a monthly side project for two reasons. First, it helps my work tremendously either by supplementing it or challenging it. Second, I really enjoyed knowing I was working alongside someone (even virtually) as we were able to ask each other questions, express our doubts, and encourage each other. I feel like I got to know Kitty so much better through this process even though our work didn't necessarily feed off of each other's.


So, on that note, I'm thinking about October's side project. I would love to collaborate with one or even several of you artists out there! Do you have any ideas you've been wanting to investigate on a small scale? I am pondering about process, looseness, 3D, etc. Please let me know if you'd like to collaborate in the comments and we can work on something together.





6 comments:

Inklore said...

I would love to be challenged by some sort of collaboration.

kathrynclark said...

That's great, Sam! It would be fun to work with you on something. Let's see if anyone else would like to join in and we can start brainstorming some ideas.

http://monicalee.typepad.com/monicaleestudios/ said...

HI Kathryn, in my mind I have a big plan to start stitching on my artwork...maybe joining you would hold me accountable so I make the time! tell me more...

kathrynclark said...

Great, Monica! I've just created a post that goes more in depth on the collaboration. Check it out here and then send me your email address. http://kathrynclark.blogspot.com/2010/10/collaboration-next.html

Kitty Kilian said...

Hiya K.C.! I am going to miss your presence even though it was only in the mind.. Sorry, I have been busy these last few days and only now got to make a last post about our project: http://kittykilian.blogspot.com/2010/10/30-days-of-side-stitch.html

I have enjoyed it thoroughly and I do believe that all we have to do is create, create and create and the rest will follow!

Here's to us!

Sophie Truong said...

love that last piece! am so into bundles right now, it just hits home. Yumm!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails