9.17.2010

Recent work : Cutting edge

I finished another piece today I'm excited to share with you. I call it Cutting edge. It's another piece from my Idiom series. I did a side stitch study recently and loved the idea of having fabric protrusions. I was inspired from the book The Art of Manipulating Fabric.


Cutting edge, 2010. 12" x 16" Rope cord on linen.
I hoping it comes across as a bit light-hearted even with the blood red 'blades'.


That book has given me a lot of ideas so expect some more along a similar vein.


5 comments:

Chantal said...

I find lots of your recent work very interesting Kathryn but I particularly love this one. The fabric, the colours and the texture. Its all great.

Kitty Kilian said...

Me too, I love triangles anyhow!

anastasia said...

i'm really enjoying this series your working on; they're deceptively simple, but stronger because of that, you can admire the process and materials all the better.

Avalanche Looms / Susan Johnson said...

Sawtooth! it's great

kathrynclark said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm having fun with this series and I have lots more ideas.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails