11.07.2010

Layers : Quilt experiments with scrim

My second quilt experiment is to use the same pattern as before but this time with a stunning greyblue wool scrim. I love how this looks with the light behind it. Photographing it was near impossible but you get the idea.

Pojagi Quilt experiment #2, 2010. 12"x16", wool scrim and embroidery thread.
I feel like I'm not quite there yet, still working out ideas but enjoying the process. This is what the piece looked like before I cut into it. I love how this fabric looks instantly old when sewn together.

Pojagi Quilt Experiment #2, 2010. 12"x16" wool scrim.
 I give The Silly Boodilly full credit for this Pojagi sewing technique. Her tutorial is the best out there if you ask me. Thanks, Victoria!


6 comments:

Chantal said...

Beautiful work Kathryn. It looks quite delicate.

Victoria said...

Lovely! I agree... it looks so wonderfully old.

And thank you. :0) (I am happy that it made sense!)

Kitty Kilian said...

Interesting! I wonder what idea you will like best! I love the plain greycotton too..

WSAKE said...

i really love this!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, love seeing your process!

rae dunn. said...

S T U N N I N G !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails