8.08.2010

Artist : Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou at home

One thing always on my mind is how to classify my work, is it art or craft or something in between? I’m always on the lookout for artists who work in this genre to see how they hover between the two. Starting this week, I will share some of their work with you. I hope they inspire you as much as they have me. Enjoy!

This week I’m sharing the work of one of my favorite artists, Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou at home. I first discovered Arounna’s letterpress and textile designs on her website. She and her husband, John, have a shop in Toronto selling his wood pieces (which are stunning as well), her wares as well as other talented designers.


Her fabric designs are simple and beautiful. The calendar on the right is one of Arounna's newest designs.


A few weeks after I discovered Arounna's inspiring blog, she shared some of her fine art pieces she was making for an upcoming show. I was immediately smitten with them.


Attachment Series: anenome keys
Attachment Series: cloudlike
Attachment Series: cloud with a red lining, detail.

Now, I regularly return to her blog hoping that she will share some more of these gems. In the meantime, she keeps us inspired with her designs and she regularly shares some of her favorite artists. We both have similar tastes: Eva Hesse, Kiki Smith, Anni Albers among others.


Keep up the amazing artwork, Arounna. I’ll keep coming back. Bookhou at home’s shop and blog.



3 comments:

arounna said...

thanks so much for such a lovely blog post.
keep in touch.
xx

Kitty Kilian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathrynclark said...

Thank you, Arounna.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails