1.26.2011

work table : Kindergarten quilt

This week I decided to stop procrastinating and go crazy with piecing together the Kindergarten quilt I started back in November. Well, not crazy, it's actually been a lot of fun. But the deadline is starting to creep up on me and you can't rush a quilt, can you?


Back in November and December I did workshops with the kids making vegetable prints on fabric. They've been asking me about the progress for weeks and finally have something to show them.


Some of the kids went wild ... some were more controlled. I like the contrasts. You never knew which kid was going to go crazy on the fabric. It was all a bit of a surprise. And here's what I have so far ... a twin sized quilt top!


I found the patterned fabric at Peapod Fabrics in the Inner Sunset. It's a great little store with a Japanese owner who picks some wonderful prints. The fabric for the artwork is from my friend, Ines. It comes all the way from Germany as a duvet cover that her master sewer mother made for her. It's been nice to re-purpose fabric with such a great history. Now on to the quilt back ...

5 comments:

rae dunn. said...

L O V E it !

jill said...

This reminds me of a quilt I helped with when my children were at primary school ready for the millenium. It was great fun going into school to work with the kids. I love the artwork and thankyou for sharing

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process ... you were totally anticrastinating there, I mean it's not due for another 6 weeks at least! :)

Lari Washburn said...

That's beautiful! And it looks like your opening was fun.Loved seeing the cute picture of you, Zoe and friend!

Victoria said...

Fabulous! You know, some of these kids will never forget this experience, and for some it will be the gateway to their own lifelong creative paths. Bravo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails