1.10.2014

Current show : SPRAWL at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft

The wonderful exhibition, SPRAWL, at the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft is coming to a close on January 19th. Three of my Foreclosure Quilts were included in the show. I really wish I could have seen the exhibit in person, it looked amazing from the photographs and has been incredibly well recieved in the press. Hats off to Susie Silbert and Anna Walker for curating the show. I'll be sad to see it come down, actually. I heard from so many people who saw the show how much they loved it. I even made some great new connections through it.



But, if you're like me and can't make it to the actual show, here are some articles about the exhibit. First in Houstonia Magazine, where I was interviewed for all of three minutes but somehow the author managed to write an amazing article that featured the quilts in the story "Sprawl is Beautiful". And a nice review of the show here as well.


Next, you can peruse the show catalogue through ISSUU here. It's a fantastic catalog! Julia Gabriel's piece, below, is one of my favorites. She made a series of backpacks that feature a Houston block. I think they're even for sale! Clever.

Julia Gabriel's "Congress@Bastrop, Houston, Texas." 2013
There were a series of lectures also associated with the show. You can listen to them here. And speaking of Houston, a friend of mine in London, Claire Brewster, will have her work on display at the Art Gallery at HCC Centralin Houston. Click here for more info. Coming soon, pictures of my new work in progress, the Oakland Foreclosure Quilt. Yes, I listened to you, the bay area, my home, could not be ignored!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails