6.11.2011

work table : summer in the studio

These are my last days of thirty hour weeks in the studio as my daughter is now out of school for the summer. I managed to pack in a lot of work last week though, making good progress on the Cleveland foreclosure quilt.


All of my voile block pieces are cut, washed, frayed and ready to be assembled for the front piece. I have fallen in love with this fabric and love the faded greige. Isn't that a great name for a color?


And I even managed to piece together the back panel for the quilt. I think I'm loving the back right now more than the front. I think more of these remnants might be showing up in a future quilt, but in front. Who knows?


To the left of the panel, you get a little sneak peek of the latest Inhabit Project piece I'm making along with Vanessa of moira & obbie. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. And to the right, a little quilt I'm making to enter here. Needless to say, lots of work happening.


I taught Zoe how to sew yesterday and she's really enjoying it. I might be able to get more work done than I thought with her in the studio this summer. Let's hope!

7 comments:

LR said...

it is a great name. i love seeing your process.

i have found that i get more work done while my son works in his art journal. since i work with lots and lots of thread, i ask him to pull the treads off fabric and place them in containers. he loves it!

here is to a great summer in the studio.

Jaime Rugh said...

I'm loving these pictures of your studio. So beautiful. That's so exciting to see Zoe sewing! I think you two will have a great summer together.

k said...

love the progress you are making - and it looks like your daughter enjoys crafting too, so perhaps you can spend time together in the studio this summer!

just new to your blog, but am enjoying all i see so far - thanks.

india flint said...

thanks for posting about this quilt series, they're quite remarkable

Kitty Kilian said...

Wouldn't that be great if Zoe made her own quilt...

kathrynclark said...

Great tip, Ludid! Glad you're enjoying the series Indiana! @kitty, that would be a wonderful time sucker for Zoe ... hmmm must plant that idea into her brain now!

Karen said...

your work is so stunning, I love everything about it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails