10.21.2011

Studio views

I'm going to apologize in advance for what I'm about to share with you. I think I know you pretty well by now. Just be warned you're about to spend a long time at the computer thanks to this review. In the Make offers amazing sneak peeks into artists studios and with incredible interviews to read while you gawk.

Linda Geary. Photo by Klea McKenna
Currently San Francisco bay area focused, the site was created by photographer Klea McKenna and writer Nikki Grattan. I love that I can learn about artists that are so close by. The in-depth interviews by Gratton hone in on an artist's daily practice and are insightful and observant.

Ido Yoshimoto. Photo by Klea McKenna
McKenna is the one behind all those wonderful photographs on the site. Close-ups and overalls give you a good sense of the studio space and capture how each artist works.

Jill Sylvia. Photo by Klea McKenna
As you can see from above, some studios are neat as a pin while others are barely held together. And seeing the artwork that goes with the studio space is rather enlightening.

Imen Yeh. Photo by Klea McKenna
And there's always at least one photo in each interview that captures the artist's personality. I love the one above. Haven't we all not taken on this posture at some point? There are links to the artist's websites as well after each interview if you want to keep surfing forever. In the Make. Don't say I didn't warn you!

8 comments:

MariQuilts said...

Thanks for the info....I love seeing the different studios.

... said...

yes, should have listened to you...

Katrina said...

ah, i love this site. so wonderful and totally worth the time spent browsing.

Jaime Rugh said...

Ha- I love this! Good find. Owe you a note!

cynthia newman said...

Thanks for the great link! I am swooning over those studios since I recently had to give mine up. I've been working out of an extra bedroom which I find very frustrating but I'm trying to make the best of it! I miss my old place!

blandina said...

Thank you for this suggestion, it is inspiring to see where an artist dreams, thinks, swears, sweats and finally creates.

lisa solomon said...

oh yes oh yes oh yes.
love the insight there.
so amazing....
[and i hadn't thought about it being that time of year - for the creative rush]

Lari Washburn said...

You've outdone yourself this time! I am so excited about this site. You find such wonderful stuff. I hope you never stop blogging. It's so inspiring to see all these artists. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails