10.21.2010

Layers : Ball and chain

Here is my latest of the Layers collaboration project. I'm playing off my Idiom Series here and still pushing myself to move more into 3D, hence the multiple photos.

03. Ball and chain, 2010. 5"x7"x4" Felted wool, marble, paper, and paint on linen.
I was aiming for a contradiction in terms, the ball is rock hard while the chain is soft, the opposite of what you would expect.

Ball and chain, side view.
And a close up showing the texture of materials.

Ball and chain detail.


4 comments:

Kitty Kilian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty Kilian said...

Wow! This is getting pretty conceptual..

Anonymous said...

Love it! I really enjoy the surprise of the second picture. I hadn't realized it curved out so much. Bravo!

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Wow, this is a wonderful one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails