9.19.2011

Upcoming shows

After a summer lull, things are picking back up as September rolls through. My foreclosure series will be featured in New American Paintings, No. 97 Pacific Coast Edition.


I know, I know ... what? Fiber in a journal all about painting? Apparently, they are becoming more inclusive of collage and fiber work. When I started this blog, one of my main goals was to call attention to fiber artists who make fine art. Having my work included in this traditional 'painting' venue feels like I'm finally getting somewhere with all of it. Yes! Issue 97 should be out in January 2012 and will be available at most newstands throughout the US. If you are interested in learning more about the journal, which is published regionally six times a year, click here.

I also learned last week that my foreclosure series will also be featured in an upcoming show at Kala Art Gallery in Berkeley, CA.


The show is called "Cashing Out - Alternative Financial Systems". It was a perfect fit for my foreclosure pieces. The image above comes from their site and seems quite fitting. Showing at Kala was another one of my five year goals (yes, I have a list. So should you!), so I'm thrilled to be a part of what looks like a very interesting exhibition. The show runs from October 27th through December 3rd at the Kala Art Gallery. There will be a reception on October 27th from 6 to 8. Read more about the show here. Hope to see some of you there!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations! New American Paintings-textiles!
That's great!

cynthia newman said...

Wow, great news about being featured in the mag! Such an honor! I will definately buy a copy; it's always full of interesting work but now textiles?! You're making history!!! : )
And a show of your work, too! You should feel proud!

Lari Washburn said...

YOU are AWESOME! That is the best magazine. Can't wait to see it. And another show! Wonderful, and well-deserved.

kitty kilian said...

Yes, great things ahead! Great pic about the money..

Victoria said...

BRAVO!!
FABULOUS!!
(and YEE-HA!! too!)

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Wow Kathryn,this is incredible!
What a lot of good things are happening to you,congratulations!!
Well,you wrote at my blog that I deserved it but the same I must say to you :))

I'm so happy for you..enjoy all your new happenings !!

xx Ingrid

Sophie Truong said...

congratulations!!! it's a great magazine and cant wait to see that issue!

Anonymous said...

kathryn--

so, so happy for you.

xo maeg

Katrina said...

ah! congrats. i love kala, can't wait to see your show.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails