8.26.2011

Artist : The Oak Leaves aka Christina Brown

Houses .... I've been a tad preoccupied lately by them and by the end of this post you'll know why. I keep coming across The Oak Leaves ceramics (aka Christina Brown) and fall in love everytime I see these.

Shelf City #290, Christina Brown of The Oak Leaves.

The miniature scale, the attention to detail, the simplicity of the design is so effective and beautiful.

Shelf City #263, Christina Brown of The Oak Leaves.
I love this one, a city of row houses, just like where we live now, except all of ours are attached.

Shelf City Row Houses, Christina Brown of The Oak Leaves.

And Christina's also a dreamer, like me. Here's her profile on etsy:
"One day I'd like for us to be living on and working our own farm...with two kids, a barn, a shady garden, and no one to boss us around, free to enjoy life... "

Christina Brown

And now this is why I haven't been posting so much in the past few weeks. I've been off dreaming ... but now it's coming true! We think we found a vacation home in the wine country. It's almost ours. Just a few more weeks until closing but it's such exciting news, I couldn't wait to share.  And speaking of cute little houses, here's the best part of the cottage, a separate artist's studio!


It needs a lot of love but it's charming just as it is right now. I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, please check out The Oak Leaves etsy shop, it's full of charming little homes.

13 comments:

Dan R said...

congratulations! how exciting

The Oak Leaves said...

Thanks for this Kathryn! I sure hope I get to that farm someday soon, but until then Ill keep rearranging my miniature versions...

anastasia said...

fantastic! the studio is amazing, you'll enjoy setting it up; maybe even adding a cafe table and chairs, or folding wooden and fabric beach chairs in front.

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

Very lovely!And you know ..i have something with houses :)

thanks for showing!

**EYE-SNACKS** said...

O..i just read the last part.
How exciting Kathryn and also a studio for you..you are a lucky lady!!

kathrynclark said...

Oh YES, Eye-snacks!! How could I have excluded your work! Your pieces are coming up next :-)

Victoria said...

Very exciting news, and big congratulations, Kathryn! (As for the tiny little houses... they are magical. I am always enthralled by such darling miniatures.)

Lari Washburn said...

That is so exciting Kathryn! I LOVE the little studio...perfect! Having a bit of trouble just now with blogger, so if this is the second message I apologize.

Roxanne said...

A space to dream and play. Every artist needs it! I love the possibility of new space. But, your talent would make any space creative.
Congratulations.

kitty kilian said...

So whatever will you do when you are at home, in the future, away from that lovely yellow studio??

Sam said...

How lovely! Your studio looks so charming; what a wonderful place to work.

sophie said...

yeah! adorable! its going to be just plain perfect! congratulations!

Katrina said...

hooray! and a dreamy backyard studio too. i think these things are all interconnected: dreaming, decorating, designing, and artmaking. happy for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails